Development of the industry economy
The automotive sector is the largest sector of the manufacturing industry and by far the most important industry in Germany in terms of sales. In national and international competition, high-quality premium vehicles from Germany, in particular, enjoy a high reputation. The German automotive industry has been able to significantly expand production and sales over the past decade. In 2019, around 4.6 million passenger cars were produced in Germany.
However, demand for motor vehicles declined in 2020 for the third year in succession. In 2020, sales of passenger cars in Europe slumped by 24%, which was also due to the Corona pandemic. The automotive industry is undergoing a major transformation. However, the electrification of powertrains offers the opportunity for Germany to once again become a pioneer in the automotive industry.
HANSE Consulting is at your side with proven industry expertise to help you transform your processes and stabilize your success.
- The transformation to electromobility is both an opportunity and a risk, which also significantly affects the supplier network.
- Digitalization is opening up new business model opportunities – innovative mobility concepts and connected services are on the rise.
- Connected cars & autonomous driving are just examples of the ongoing technological progress.
- Structural change and the fragility of global supply chains are calling production sites and just-in-time structures into question.
- Enormous price pressure, whether due to sharply increased prices for raw materials, intermediate products, energy or container freight rates, poses major challenges for companies.
Strategic options for automotive suppliers in declining markets – HANSE Consulting informs
Strategic options in declining markets:What suppliers for internal combustion engine (ICE) passenger cars should do now. After the global registration figures for passenger cars had already fallen by -5.1% in 2019,…